Pina Colada is one of my fave flavors. So it’s surprising I don’t have more Pina Colada flavored recipes. However, making this 4 ingredient Weight Watchers Pina Cola Cake Angel Food Cake was one of the smartest things I’ve ever done with Pina Colada flavor!
This Weight Watchers cake is 2 WW points on the blue plan (without artificial sweeteners) and ideal for any occasion! It’s a great celebration cake, a Sunday night dinner cake and it’s perfect for bringing along to a potluck or for a summer backyard BBQ. No one will even know it’s a Weight Watchers cake recipe!
I served this cake to my family and they loved it! Until I told them, they weren’t even aware that it was a Weight Watchers cake recipe.
Weight Watchers Dessert Recipes
If you’re like me, you get frustrated by all the Weight Watchers desserts out there that either taste terrible or they are loaded with artificial sweeteners. I avoid artificial sweeteners whenever possible because I don’t like the taste, nor do I like how they make me feel. Although it’s not as low point as some of the ‘sugar-free’ WW dessert recipes, I’d rather eat the few extra points than the artificial sweeteners. You can check out all my other Weight Watchers Desserts (without artificial sweeteners) at the bottom of this post! That being said, if you like to use sugar free cake mixes and want to lower the points, by all means, go for it!
Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake
The Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe is not new, but the Pina Colada flavor of this cake is! I added some more tropical flavor to it and WOW – it’s so much tastier than the basic WW Pineapple Angel Food Cake. I felt the Weight Watchers Angel food cake with simple pineapple needed something more so I’ve elevated the flavor with an additional tropical zing and some creaminess. Because if I’m going to have dessert, I want to to be worth it!
Weight Watchers Cake Recipes
I love Weight Watchers cake recipes that don’t require you to give up texture and flavor and that aren’t loaded with that fake sugar taste. If you feel the same, then give my Weight Watchers Carrot Cake and my Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake a try! You could serve them to your family and friends and no one would even know they are Weight Watchers!
Leftover Coconut milk?
Yes, you’ll have leftover coconut milk when you make this recipe, so why not make WW Friendly Vegan Coconut Lime Nice Cream? You can keep it in the freezer until you need your next sweet treat fix!
So if you’re looking for a great tasting WW cake without artificial sweetener, then give this Weight Watchers Pina Colada Angel Food Cake a try!
Weight Watchers Pina Colada Angel Food Cake
- 1 box angel food cake mix * I use regular but you can use sugar-free to bring down the points
- 388 ml -can of crushed pineapple w/the juice
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 3 tbsp light coconut milk
- pineapple rings
- maraschino cherries
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an angel food cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open the can of crushed pineapple and remove 2 tbsp of pineapple liquid. Discard.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the Angel Food cake mix (just the mix nothing else!!) and the can of crushed pineapple, including the remaining juice, with 3 tbsp of light coconut milk and the coconut extract.
- This mixture will become frothy.
- Pour into the greased angel food cake pan and bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a pot holder and cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Run spatula along edges and flip onto a cooling rack. * I put the rack on top to flip, then I tap the bottom of the pan with a spatula. ** Don't worry if a little piece of the cake sticks to the bottom of the pan, you can remove it and place it on the cake and it will mostly be covered by garnish.
- Cool for another 5 minutes.
- Once it's completely cooled, trim off any brown, if desired. Alternatively, you can just leave it.
- Then flip it back over onto a serving plate, so the smooth/smaller side is facing up.
- Pat pineapple rings dry and dry off liquid on cherries and add to top of cake. Then sprinkle on unsweetened coconut flakes.