It's best not to plan an outdoor birthday party when your birthday falls in the middle of January and you live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. But I did it anyway. I was 10 years old. Then I spent the next several weeks praying it would be warm enough to have the party.... I was so jealous of the summer birthday kids. Not only did they get sunny, warm outdoor parties, they never had to go to school on their birthdays. But then I had kids with summer birthdays and those come with their own set of challenges, such as- it's too hot to bake! So, I created this Birthday Cake Cheesecake (No Bake)!
This easy No Bake Birthday Cake Cheesecake recipe tastes exactly like a birthday cake, but with the delicious, creamy and tangy cake batter cheesecake flavor and texture! With sprinkles on the inside and outside and an Oreo cookie crust, it's the perfect summer birthday cake (that you don't even have to turn on your oven for). And it's the perfect cheesecake lover's birthday cake. It can also be made Weight Watchers friendly!
I always ask my kids what kind of cake they want for their birthday and this year I found out that my daughter loves cheesecake and that my No Bake Rhubarb Cheesecake is her favorite! I actually did not know this.
She said wanted a cheesecake for her birthday, so I started to toss around cheesecake birthday cake ideas. But to my mind, since it's a birthday cake, I thought it needed to taste like a birthday cake.
Enter cake batter flavor cheesecake! The taste of birthday cake is so distinct and it's magic cannot be underestimated when it comes to celebrating a birthday. Lots of sprinkles make it even more festive and birthday-like! So, when I couldn't find the type of cake batter flavored cheesecake I was looking for online, I decided to create one that would be exactly she wanted! That's when I came up with this easy birthday cake cheesecake recipe!
Besides cake batter extract, (affiliate link) you'll also need:
- unsalted butter *or a butter substitute or light margarine
- light cream cheese * you can use fat-free
- sour cream *you can use light or fat-free
- white chocolate baking squares *do NOT use white chocolate chips
- heavy cream (whipping cream)
- white granulated sugar
- non-fat Greek yogurt
- rainbow sprinkles or confetti sprinkles
- Oreo baking crumbs *or substitute regular graham cracker crust
If you are following the WW program, you will love this WW birthday cake cheesecake! I've calculated the recipe with light margarine, fat-free cream cheese and fat-free sour cream. This recipe is 10 WW points on my plan , but you can click HERE to see how much it is on your personal plan.
👪 Serving size
This cake batter cheesecake serves 16. Although 16 pieces seems like a lot, as you know, cheesecake is quite rich.
You'll need an 8 or 9 inch springform pan for this birthday cheesecake recipe.
You'll need to store this birthday cake in the fridge and take it out just prior to serving. It can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days after making it. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
My own birthday has fallen on "Blue Monday" more times than I care to remember. Supposedly, Blue Monday is the day in which the stars align to create the most depressing day of the year (the 3rd Monday in January). And even more depressing, if you're a kid with a birthday in the middle of January, is that you have an 80% chance of having to go to school that day 🙁
After I planned my outdoor tobogganing party, I spent several hours meticulously designing and individually coloring each of the party invites. Then, sadly, I had to cancel my party because the temperature outside was -50 degrees Celsius that day. Yes, you read that right MINUS 50! That made for one pretty depressed kid.
Because having a birthday in January is depressing enough, when I grew up and started working a job, I decided I'd take the day off work for my birthday whenever I could. This really helped.
But if there is one saving grace about birthday celebrations in January in Canada, it's that you will never have to worry about it being too hot to turn on the oven and bake a cake! My favorite baked cheesecake is my Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust and it's been the request of many a birthday boy and girl! But if you want to make a no bake birthday cake, this Happy Birthday Cheesecake, with all those colorful rainbow sprinkles, is sure to cheer up any birthday girl, even if her birthday falls on Blue Monday!
So, if you are looking for birthday cheesecake ideas, give this Cheesecake Birthday Cake a try!
And this Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake is sure to be a hit for any summer birthday!
My Amazon Recommendation (affiliate links)
📋 No Bake Birthday Cake Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups Oreo baking crumbs
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, melted * measure the MELTED butter
- 3 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 -7 gram package of unflavored gelatin crystals
- ½ cup water divided into 2
- 2 - 8 oz packages of light cream cheese room temperature (softened)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 ounces white chocolate squares, melted **do NOT use white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup non- fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cake batter extract/flavour
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Spray an 8 or 9 inch springform pan with non- stick cooking spray.
- Combine Oreo cookie crumbs and 3 tablespoon white granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Add ⅔ cup melted butter and mix until all the crumbs are moistened and a thick, crumbly paste forms.
- Press crumb mixture into the greased springform pan. Level and press to the bottom of the pan using a rubber spatula and neatly taper at the edge. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mix gelatin crystals and ¼ cup water in a small bowl and allow to bloom for 5 minutes. Heat ¼ cup water for 30 seconds in the microwave on high and pour into the gelatin bloom. Stir to dissolve, and allow to cool.
- Place softened cream cheese, 1 cup white granulated sugar in the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (alternatively, you can use a hand electric mixer and a large mixing bowl). Mix on low to break down the cream cheese for 30 seconds, and increase to medium speed for another 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add sour cream, whipping cream, Greek yogurt, cake batter flavour/extract.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave on ½ power for 1 minute, then check, stir and put back in to microwave for 30 second intervals. Ensure that you stir each time, as the stirring helps to melt it further.
- Then stir in the melted white chocolate into the cream cheese mix. Mix on medium for 30 seconds, scrape the sides, and on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Starting on low, pour gelatin into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix at medium speed for a minute, scraping the sides of the bowl after 30 seconds.
- Gently stir in the sprinkles into the cheesecake mixture. *Do not overmix.
- Pour cheesecake batter into the springform pan with crust and level with a spatula.
- Tap pan lightly against the counter to get rid of air bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Unhinge rim of springform pan and remove. If necessary, smooth edges of cake with a knife.
- Add extra sprinkles to the top of the cheesecake, as desired. Serve.