If you love Miami Vice Cocktails or Mocktails, Pina Coladas or Strawberry Daiquiris, then you're going to love this Miami Vice Frozen Cheesecake recipe because it tastes like a Miami Vice drink! It's the perfect dessert for a hot summer day.
Not only is it easy to make and NO BAKE, it's a lighter version of a frozen cheesecake @ 5 WW points on my personal plan (without artificial sweeteners). Considering cheesecake is generally about 18 points, that's a real plus! And since my guinea pigs (the kids) loved it, you know it's darn good, especially when they don't even notice it's Weight Watchers friendly! This red and white dessert is also a great recipe for your Canada Day celebrations or any special occasions.
This delicious dessert came into being because my daughter loves cheesecake and is a huge fan of Miami Vice Mocktails. So last summer I attempted to make her a Miami Vice Cheesecake for her birthday, but it turned out a little too runny. So, I froze it. And WOW was frozen cheesecake ever good - a total game changer! And frozen is the way a Miami Vice cheesecake should be, given the Miami Vice is a frozen drink. So this year I made it again, but BETTER because it's so much healthier, lighter and WW friendlier than my original creation!
🍹Miami Vice Recipe
The Miami Vice is such a delicious hybrid of pina colada and strawberry daiquiri that I couldn't resist taking the miami vice recipe concept and making it into a frozen cheesecake! However, if you want to indulge a little more then try my Miami Vice Mocktail (or turn it into a cocktail, if you please). Warning: It's A LOT of WW points, so you may want to save it for a splurge day or make it for the kids.
I have a sweet tooth but have struggled to find a good tasting and light Weight Watchers Cheesecake that isn't loaded with artificial sweeteners. I know a lot of people use artificial sweeteners to lose weight, but I don't like the taste of them or how they make me feel, so I don't use them. Instead, I use natural fruit, agave and even a little sugar. This is the best frozen cheesecake I've ever had!
For this recipe, you'll need:
- chocolate graham wafers
- margarine/butter substitute
- gelatin crystals
- fat free cream cheese
- fat free sour cream
- frozen strawberries
- canned crushed pineapple (with juice)
- coconut extract
- rum extract
- agave syrup
📖 Variations & Substitutions
- agave - you can substitute honey, but you will need about 2X as much (be sure to calculate the points)
- frozen strawberries - you can substitute fresh berries
- canned pineapple - you can substitute fresh, but you'll need to puree it
- chocolate graham wafers - you can use store bought or homemade graham crackers, substitute regular graham wafers/crackers OR if you'll less worried about fat/calories/WW points, you can make a graham cracker crust with Oreo baking crumbs (see my Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust for directions)
- make it full fat- if you don't want it 'light' you can use full fat cream cheese and sour cream
- butter/margarine - use a lighter version to bring the WW points down further
Assembly (see recipe card for full instructions)
*Heads up- this recipe needs to be frozen for 6-8 hours!
Press chocolate graham crumb mixture into the greased springform pan. Level and press to the bottom of the pan using a rubber spatula and neatly taper at the edge. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes
Pour the Pina Colada cream cheese mixture into the springform pan on top of crust and level with a spatula.
Drop several dollaps of strawberry swirl mix onto the white pina colada cheesecake.
Swirl in with a butter knife
*Try to cut into it to get it deeper and bring up the white part (without touching the crust) and don’t over-mix or it will lose the swirled effect.
Tap pan lightly against the counter to get rid of air bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap (* I use Glad press n' seal) and freeze for 6- 8 hours or until firm (preferably overnight.)
👪 Serving Size
This frozen cheesecake recipe makes 12 servings. However, you can double (or even triple) the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust. However, you will need an additional springform cake tin.
This skinny version of freezer cheesecake is 5 points on my personal WW plan, without artificial sweeteners. Considering a traditional cheesecake is generally about 18 points, that's a deal! You can calculate the recipe in the app to see how many points it is on your plan.
Store this miami vice frozen cake in an airtight container (affiliate link) for up to 3 months.
🍁Red & White Canada Day Dessert
This cheesecake is not only a great summer dessert, but also an excellent red and white Canada Day dessert. You can make it for the whole family and no one will even suspect it's Weight Watchers! If my kids didn't notice (they are expert at picking out WW recipes) then trust me, no one else will!
And for more red and white dessert ideas, check out my 21 Canada Day Desserts!
You may also like my Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake (11 WW points on blue)- it's the perfect pumpkin pie alternative for Thanksgiving!
A frozen cheesecake is a nice change from a classic cheesecake recipe, especially when it's hot outside! So if you're looking for a healthy, easy and Weight Watchers friendly summer dessert that everyone will love, then give this Skinny Miami Vice Frozen Cheesecake a try.
📋 Miami Vice Frozen Cheesecake Recipe
- food processor
- 9 whole chocolate graham wafers
- 2 tablespoon melted butter or margarine *I use olive oil margarine
- 1 -7 gram package of gelatin crystals * I use Knox brand
- ½ cup water divided into 2
- 2 - 8 oz -packages of fat free cream cheese room temperature (softened) * You can use light but this will increase the WW points
- 4 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups frozen strawberries or fresh
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup fat free sour cream * You can use light sour cream but it will increase the WW points
- ½ cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoon agave syrup
- 398 ml -can crushed pineapple Drained and liquid squeezed out- reserve 3 tbsp
- 3 tablespoon pineapple juice * reserved from crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoon lite coconut milk
- *Heads up- this recipe needs to be frozen for 6-8 hours!
- Spray the bottom of a 9- inch springform pan with non- stick cooking spray.
- Process chocolate graham cracker crumbs in the food processor until they form a fine crumb then add melted margarine and blend for about 30 seconds or until it begins to cling together.
- Pour into greased springform pan.
- Press chocolate graham crumb mixture into the bottom of pan. Level and press to the bottom of the pan using a rubber spatula and neatly taper at the edge. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Strawberry Daiquiri swirl
- Microwave strawberries for about 2 minutes, then drain off excess liquid. Puree strawberries for approximately 1 minute in food processor or blender. Add rum extract and set aside in small bowl.** If you are using fresh, use the same process, except do not microwave strawberries!
Pina Colada Cheesecake
- Mix gelatin crystals and ¼ cup water in a small bowl and allow to bloom for 5 minutes. Heat ¼ cup water for 30 seconds in the microwave on high and pour into the gelatin bloom. Stir to dissolve, set aside and allow to cool.
- Place cream cheese, in the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (you can use a hand mixer and a large bowl). Mix on low speed to break down the cream cheese for 30 seconds, and increase to medium speed for another 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add sour cream, Greek yogurt and crushed pineapple. Add coconut extract, coconut milk, agave and reserved pineapple juice. Mix on medium for 30 seconds, scrape the sides, and on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Starting on low, pour gelatin into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix at medium speed for a minute, scraping the sides of the bowl after 30 seconds.
- Pour the pina colada cheesecake mixture into the springform pan on top of crust and level with a spatula.
- Drop several dollaps of strawberry swirl mix onto the white pina colada cheesecake.
- Swirl in with a butter knife.
- *Try to cut into it to get it deeper (without touching the crust) and bring up the white part and don’t over-mix or it will lose the swirled effect.
- Tap pan lightly against the counter to get rid of air bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap (* I use Glad press n' seal) or aluminum foil and freeze for 6- 8 hours or until firm (preferably overnight.)
- When frozen, unhinge rim of springform pan and remove.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve frozen.