When I need chocolate, I need it STAT. But not just any chocolate – it needs to be healthy, delicious, no bake, portable, fast and low Weight Watchers points.
And since there’s not much out there that meets this fairly strict criteria, I created it. These No Bake Chocolate Cereal Clusters have only 5 wholesome ingredients (Rice Chex cereal, dried apricots, unsweetened coconut, raw sunflower seeds and semi-sweet chocolate) and are just 4 WW points on the blue plan!
Chocolate Cereal Clusters
Chocolate is NOT optional in my world! Fortunately it’s all about balance and not deprivation in my world! And I can still indulge in chocolate on Weight Watchers. But I don’t want to blow all my points on chocolate because I also want to enjoy wine and chips, among other delicious things. If you feel the same, read on…
That’s why these crunchy little chocolate cereal clusters are perfect. At only 4 points they are quick, easy, healthy, have the right amount of sweetness, are totally satisfying and won’t break the WW bank!
Weight Watchers Desserts
It really is hard to find a WW chocolate recipe that meets the above criteria and isn’t a zillion points. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found what appeared to be an awesome looking, low-point Weight Watchers desserts on Pinterest, went to the website, only to discover that it’s NOT even calculated in the current point system, but instead, in the very old point system. Very annoying!! So, instead of 4 points, it’s more like 10+. Or it’s loaded with artificial sweeteners, which I just can’t eat!
We went through this batch of chocolate clusters really quickly and I had to make another within a week! I just keep them in the freezer, then pull them out and pop them into our lunch bags (my kids love them too!) for a quick little chocolate snack fix. They even taste great straight out of the freezer.
The other great thing about these chocolate cereal treats is that they are also portable. I eat on the run quite a bit and they are excellent for on the go, in your car, at your desk or even running out the door. Because you never know when that chocolate craving will hit!
If you like this Weight Watchers healthy chocolate dessert, then I’m pretty sure you’ll like my Healthy No Bake Chocolate Rocky Road Bars too! They are more points, but totally worth it!
So if you’re looking for an easy healthy chocolate Weight Watchers dessert that won’t break your WW points bank, then this healthy chocolate cluster recipe is for you.
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
No Bake Healthy Chocolate Clusters - Weight Watchers Friendly
- Mix finely chopped apricots, sunflower seeds, coconut and Rice Chex Cereal together in a bowl.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power for about 2 minutes, then remove and stir with a spatula. Return for another 30 seconds, then remove and stir again. Return to the microwave for an additional 30 seconds (this will be 3 minutes in total) and stir. If it is not completely melted by this point, return to microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring between until melted. * Alternatively you can use a double boiler and melt your chocolate on the stove top.
- Add the cereal mixture to the melted chocolate and combine.
- Make sure the mixture is completely covered in chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoons full onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, dividing equally between 15 clusters
- Chill for 10 -15 minutes or until set. Store in the fridge or freezer (they will last longer in the freezer)