If you love pumpkin and ice cream, you're going to love this simple, quick no churn Pumpkin Pie ice cream recipe! It's like eating a pumpkin pie in ice cream form! With pumpkin pie spices and pumpkin puree, it's easy to make and you don't need an ice cream maker.
This homemade pumpkin pie ice cream was inspired by my Saskatoon Berry Ice Cream on this site. I wanted to create an ice cream that was inspired by fall flavors. And it tastes just like my pumpkin pie, according to my testers! You can use homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree to make this no churn ice cream. It's popular in the fall season but delicious any time of year!
All you need are the following ingredients for this delicious dessert:
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp maple extract (affiliate link)
- 3 cups whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree *Use pure pumpkin-do NOT use pumpkin pie filling
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
In a large bowl, beat whipping cream to stiff peaks.
Add pumpkin puree, maple extract, condensed milk, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar to whipped cream.
Stir until combined.
Pour into a container (I like to use a 9X5 loaf container) but you could use any container.
Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Break up the graham cracker crust into pieces and top ice cream with it.
You could also sprinkle on additional cinnamon.
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Pumpkin Puree - you can use fresh pumpkin purée or canned pumpkin puree
- Pie crust - you can use a store-bought graham cracker pie crust, a homemade pie crust, a gingersnap crust or a store-bought pie crust. You could use graham crackers as a substitute.
- Spices - you can use a pumpkin pie spice as a substitute for cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to give it that pumpkin pie flavor
- Maple Extract - maple extract (affiliate link) is available at most grocery stores in the baking aisle, but if you can't find it you or you simply prefer natural flavor, you can substitute 2 tablespoon of real maple syrup (reduce the condensed milk by 2 tablespoon in exchange) and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Dairy-free - use a dairy-free whipping topping (I use Nutriwhip because I know it freezes well) and dairy-free condensed milk
- WW Friendlier- if you are okay with using sugar-free ingredients, you can use sugar-free Cool Whip and make your own sugar-free condensed milk
- Pumpkin ice cream sandwich - Freeze this ice cream between 2 layers of graham crackers. I would recommend you use the same method as I do with my Black Forest Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie - if you want to make this into a pie instead, just fill a graham cracker pie shell and freeze for 8 hours.
You do NOT need an ice cream machine for this pumpkin ice cream recipe, but you do need an electric mixer. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer. If you are making your own pumpkin puree, you'll need a food processor. I usually freeze my no churn ice cream in a loaf pan (metal or ceramic), covered with Glad press n' seal (affiliate links), then transfer leftovers into an airtight container. Alternatively, you could freeze it in a loaf pan with a lid (affiliate link).
Store this pumpkin spice ice cream in any type of airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. I use a Ziploc freezer bag to store the broken graham cracker crust.
This ice cream freezes really hard when it's been in the freezer for a couple of days or longer, so you'll want to leave it out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping and serving.
👪 Serving Size
This recipe for pumpkin ice cream makes 8 servings. However, you can half, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
If you're looking for an easy homemade ice cream with a delicious pumpkin flavor, you'll love this one!
Did you make this homemade pumpkin ice cream recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
📋Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe (no churn)
- graham cracker pie crust
- additional cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream to stiff peaks.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple extract, condensed milk, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar to whipped cream.
- Stir only until combined.
- Pour into a container ( I like to use a 9X5 loaf container) but you could use any container.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Break up graham cracker crust into pieces or graham cracker crumbs and garnish ice cream.
- Sprinkle on additional cinnamon, if desired.