This Slow Cooker Kielbasa Appetizer is a delicious and easy appetizer made with minimal effort! You only need 10-15 minutes preparation, dump everything in the slow cooker, walk away, and in a couple hours you'll have this amazing dish.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa bites are popular during the holidays and make a great New Year's Eve snack! They are also the perfect appetizer on a game day during football season, for your next party, or for bringing along to a potluck any time of year! This recipe was inspired by my Air Fryer Kielbasa.
When you are Ukrainian you eat a lot of Kubassa, Kielbasa, Kovbasa (or however you prefer to spell it) and I really didn't think that there was much more you could do to it to make it taste even better than it already does. Then I made this... and WOW! You can make kubassa even better!
This delicious recipe is made with pantry ingredients and ingredients you'll have on hand. You will need the following simple ingredients for this kielbasa sausage recipe:
- kielbasa (kovbasa, kubassa) * it may say 'garlic sausage' on it and that's fine to use
- onion, finely chopped
- celery, finely chopped
- unsalted butter
- white vinegar
- brown sugar
- yellow mustard
See recipe card for quantities.
Prep: Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray
Cut Kielbasa ring in half.
Remove casing from kielbasa by peeling it back
Slice kielbasa into ½ in rounds
Place kielbasa in the bottom of slow cooker
Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl
Pour ingredients evenly over kielbasa
Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the onions and celery are cooked through.
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Sugar - you can use white granulated sugar instead of brown sugar
- Spicy Sauce - add some red pepper flakes, sriracha, or a little of your favorite hot sauce for a little kick
- Diary-free - substitute vegan margarine for the butter
- Ketchup - you could use bbq sauce (barbecue sauce) instead
🥗 Side Dishes
I love to serve these kielbasa bites along with other appetizers for a finger food buffet or as a main course with:
Or make it a complete meal and a really easy dinner and serve this easy kielbasa recipe with frozen perogies and canned beets.
You will need a slow cooker a sharp knife, a small mixing bowl, and a cutting board for this easy appetizer recipe. You will also need skewers, toothpicks, or a large serving spoon.
Store these brown sugar kielbasa bites in an airtight container for up to 3 days. These can also be made ahead.
You can also freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
👪 Serving Size
This easy recipe makes 34 kielbasa pieces. However, you can half, double, or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
If you want to make serving easier, just put the skewers into the pieces of kubassa, right in the crockpot! You can leave some extra skewers on the side too!
This recipe is 4 pts per kielbasa bite using regular kielbasa, but if you use turkey kielbasa, it's only 2 pts per kubassa bite!
Use a crockpot liner for easy cleanup!
- Cook kielbasa to an internal minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- Never leave cooking food unattended
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this delicious recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings
So if you're looking for kielbasa recipes or a delicious and easy crockpot recipe this easy kielbasa appetizer recipe is the perfect party food and one that the whole family will love!
And if you're looking for more easy crockpot appetizers, try my Slow Cooker Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
📋 Slow Cooker Kielbasa Appetizer recipe
- 750 gram -ring of kielbasa (about 1.5 lbs) - garlic sausage is fine to use too
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely hopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp paprika
NOTE: The photos in this recipe card will NOT print unless you set them to print by selecting "recipe image"
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Cut kielbasa in half.
- Remove casing from kielbasa by pulling it back and off.
- Slice kielbasa into ½ in rounds
- Place kielbasa in the bottom of slow coker
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Pour ingredients evenly over kielbasa
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the onions and celery are cooked through.