One can never have enough chicken breast recipes, right? Especially simple, healthy chicken breast recipes. Chicken breasts are really a perfect food – they are easy, quick, delicious and so versatile. And this Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes is no exception.
Easy enough for a quick weekday meal, but fancy enough to serve to company, a special dinner or date night in, this chicken breast recipe is only 10 Weight Watchers Freestyle smart points on the blue plan (if you use ALL the sauce.)
The very first time I made this recipe, I served it to company and it was well-loved!
Having quality balsamic vinegar is pretty important, especially if it’s the star of the show! And if you’ve ever had the misfortune of consuming a balsamic vinegar that’s not good quality, between the bitterness and gagging, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. My favorite balsamic vinegar discovery is Kirkland Signature Balsamic Vinegar of Modena! I actually found this by chance, shopping at Costco, and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it is.
Then when I was researching balsamic vinegar for an article, I came across a taste test of “economical” balsamic vinegars, where Kirkland came out in FIRST PLACE! Several judges concurred that the aroma was the most interesting, with a hint of wood, it had the most viscosity and the best sweet-to-sour balance. One panelist said it was “brighter on the palate” and another said it they could detect hints of cherries on the nose. Several judges said that it had the most pleasing finish. In sum, “it has an excellent sweet to sour balance and pleasing finish, especially for its price point.” I’d definitely agree with that! You can Read more about the balsamic vinegar taste test HERE.
So, if you’re not up to paying $75+ for a bottle of top notch balsamic vinegar aged 12+ years, then I think you’ll be pretty happy with this one (this $21 bottle will last you a very long time):
Kirkland Balsamic Vinegar
When it’s been a long day at work, an easy chicken recipe is my go-to meal. And you can’t go wrong with a one-pan baked chicken recipe. Only a couple of minutes of prep and you have yourself a healthy and delicious meal. I usually serve this with baked potatoes because I can quickly throw them in the oven while I’m prepping the chicken and they are done at the same time! Easy Peasy.
Chicken Breast recipes
Like I said, you can never have enough easy chicken recipes. So if you’re looking for additional easy chicken breast recipes, give my low-carb 5 Ingredient Caprese Sheet Pan Chicken Breast a try!
And my Easy Greek Chicken Souvlaki is also Weight Watchers friendly, healthy, delicious and low-carb!
This 9 X 13 glass baking dish is a staple in my house! I use it from everything from baking chicken to no bake desserts!
One-Pan Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together tomato juice, balsamic vinegar, oil and thyme, mustard, sugar and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, continue to boil, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside 1/4 cup (for serving with chicken)
- Cut tomatoes in half, lengthwise and arrange in sprayed 9X13 pan. Then spoon 1/3 of the sauce over tomatoes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Score chicken with fork,
- Coat with remaining sauce (NOT from the reserved 1/4 cup)
- Bake in prepared oven for 25-35 minutes, turning halfway through (at about 15 minutes) and spoon sauce over the chicken (from bottom of the pan), as you would if you were basting.
- Cook until no longer pink inside. Serve with reserved sauce. Sprinkle tomatoes with a little more parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve with baked potatoes and additional vegetables if desired.