This Rhubarb Lemonade is the easiest you'll ever make! It takes 5 minutes and all you need is 2 ingredients (Rhubarb Compote or Stewed Rhubarb- they are the same thing- and frozen pink lemonade! ) It's great for using up leftover rhubarb compote too.
This recipe is especially popular during rhubarb season, but it's great anytime you want lemonade that has that great rhubarb flavor! If you have leftover frozen stewed rhubarb, you can use that too! This was inspired by my Stewed Rhubarb on this site, which is the recipe I recommend you use for this lemonade. It uses strawberry gelatin, giving it a strawberry flavor and hence making it more like a Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade. It pairs well with just about any spring or summer recipe, but especially my Shortcut Skillet Fried Chicken and Perogy Potato Salad!
If you have a lot of rhubarb plants, you're going to be looking for ways to use all that rhubarb. I have several more rhubarb recipes here:
- Rhubarb Coffee Cake Recipe (shown below)
- Rhubarb Squares
- Rhubarb Dessert (No Bake)
- Sticky Rhubarb Pudding
- Healthy Rhubarb Muffins (Weight Watchers Friendly)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake (No Bake)
You don't need to make a simple syrup with rhubarb for this Easy Rhubarb Lemonade recipe (who has time for that?), especially if you've already made a compote, which you can use for so many other things as well. For this recipe, you'll only need 2 ingredients, a combinate of compote/stewed rhubarb and frozen lemonade (lemons are optional):
- frozen pink lemonade (lemonade concentrate)
- rhubarb compote or stewed rhubarb (they are the same thing)
- lemons (optional)
- agave or honey (optional)
- rhubarb sticks (optional)
*See recipe card for quantities.
This Rhubarb Lemonade is a great recipe because it's sooo simple to make!
Mix water with frozen concentrated lemonade
Blend rhubarb compote or stewed rhubarb in blender for at least 1 minute or until smooth.
Whisk into lemonade, garnish and serve!
Hint: Whisk it well prior to serving, as it will settle in between!
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Sweetener - if you want additional sweetener, you can use agave, honey or maple syrup- add to taste.
- Lemonade - you can use regular lemonade (yellow), a homemade lemonade with fresh lemon juice, or a lemonade powder or Crystal light (to keep it WW friendly)
- Rhubarb Compote or stewed rhubarb- use any recipe you like but I recommend my Stewed Rhubarb - it has a strawberry flavor and a touch of vanilla, orange and cinnamon that gives this lemonade an amazing depth of flavor! You can also use my Rhubarb Compote.
- Food Coloring - you can add a drop of red food coloring to enhance the color, if you desire. I recommend Americolor Super red (affiliate link), as you use less and don't get any 'red taste', which is common with red food coloring.
- Water - you can use sparkling water if you prefer and make a sparkling rhubarb lemonade!
Store this rhubarb lemonade in a juice jug or an airtight container. I like to use a juice jug (affiliate link) that fits on the side of the fridge door to save space.
👪 Serving Size
This rhubarb drink recipe makes 6 servings. However, you can half, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust. You'll just need additional pitchers or you can serve it in a punch bowl.
Rhubarb syrup is made of rhubarb, water, sugar and lemon juice. It's essentially the same ingredients you'd use in a compote, except you don't thicken it with cornstarch, as you would a compote.
This refreshing Rhubarb Lemonade is the ideal summer drink recipe, perfect for a hot summer day and another great way to make the most of your rhubarb. It's ideal for BBQ's, potlucks or anytime you want an easy and refreshing rhubarb drink. So if you're looking for summery non-alcoholic drinks, you'll love this one!
And if you're looking for more summer drinks, or non- alcoholic drinks, try my Healthy Pina Colada Mocktail, Miami Vice Mocktail, Sparkling Strawberry Party Punch (non alcoholic) (shown below) and my Creamy Coconut Blue Raspberry Slushie!
Did you make this recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below
📋 2 Ingredient Rhubarb Lemonade Recipe
- frozen pink lemonade (from concentrate)
- 3.5 litres cold water *14-15 cups of water
- 1 cup rhubarb compote or stewed rhubarb https://foodmeanderings.com/stewed-rhubarb-recipe-with-strawberry-gelatin/
- agave or honey (optional) * if you need to sweeten it
- lemon slices, lemon wedges or lemon zest
- stalks of fresh rhubarb (optional)
- In a large juice jug or glass pitcher, mix container of frozen pink lemonade with water, as per package directions
- Blend 1 cup of rhubarb compote or stewed rhubarb on high in blender or food processor until completely smooth (about 1 minute)
- Whisk rhubarb compote into lemonade, garnish and serve.
- Garnish with ice and lemon wedges and stalks of fresh rhubarb, as desired