“What’s for dinner?” flashes across my screen as I’m grabbing my phone and packing up to leave the office. It’s the same text my son sends almost daily; the dreaded question.
THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS (See Disclosure Policy)
I feel a stab of irritation- irritation because a) I have to make dinner b) I have a zillion things to do and very little time to do them, before rushing off to whatever evening activity is on the agenda that day, especially when you factor in my commute home and c) because I don’t have a plan. And I hate not having a plan. If this sounds familiar, read on…It’s actually the very reason I create simple and quick weekday dinners that can be made in under 30 minutes, like this 5 Ingredient Caprese Sheet pan Chicken Breast recipe (Gluten-free). And it’s only 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points per serving!
Caprese Salad Skewers (Appetizer):
I fell in love with this simple and delicious 4 Ingredient Caprese Salad Skewer Appetizer and it inspired me to transform it into an easy weeknight sheet pan chicken breast recipe:
I don’t have air conditioning and it’s been a hot summer, so I’ve avoided turning on the oven. And if there’s one thing that excites me about fall, it’s turning on my oven! I love to bake just about anything and this Sheet Pan Caprese Baked Chicken Breast recipe is my new favorite baked chicken! Although BBQ’ing almost daily has been nice, I’m anticipating all the deliciousness that will come out of that warm cocoon this autumn.
Baked Caprese Chicken
I love this baked caprese chicken because it’s healthy, easy, low-fat and you can add just about any flavor combination to it. But this medley of basil, grape tomato, mozzarella cheese and balsamic glaze really makes this chicken sing! And sheet pan chicken is nothing short of brilliant – it’s fast and one pan, which means less dishes to wash. And less dishes is always a bonus.
If you are searching for easy, fast, healthy, low-carb, Weight Watchers Friendly and low calorie chicken breast recipes that are gluten-free, this 5 ingredient baked chicken is the one!
Fall always signals the start of getting back into routine. And as a new school year begins, so do activities and busy evenings. Having an arsenal of quick, easy and delicious dinners in your back pocket can be very comforting. A quick stop at the grocery store for a couple ingredients and you have yourself a plan!
If you love easy chicken, you’ll also love these chicken recipes!
Terri’s Amazon Picks:
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B01J1PUNLA” locale=”US” src=”https://foodmeanderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/41Frv3E1PmL.SL160.jpg” tag=”foodmea-20″ width=”124″][easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B01J1PUNLA” key=”small-light” locale=”US” tag=”foodmea-20″] [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B008L0X0SA” locale=”US” src=”https://foodmeanderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/416sUQliepL.SL160.jpg” tag=”foodmea-20″ width=”45″][easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B008L0X0SA” key=”small-light” locale=”US” tag=”foodmea-20″]
Caprese Sheet Pan Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 125 g mozzarella cheese about 1/3 of a 500 g pkg
- 1 pkg 28 g basil leaves whole
- 1 dry pint grape tomatoes sliced in half
- reduced balsamic vinegar glaze drizzled
- additional fresh basil leaves (set some aside from pkg)
- Spray a baking sheet pan with non- stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add about 3-4 whole basil leaves to each chicken breast, then about 5 1/2 grape tomatoes (or however many you can fit). Top width-wide with cheese slices.
- Add the remaining grape tomatoes to pan and cook for about 25 minutes, depending on thickness of your chicken breast.
- When chicken is done (no longer pink inside) remove from oven.
- Drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar over everything. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. (this recipe tastes best if you eat the fresh basil with the chicken- I highly recommend this!)Serve hot.