Welcome to Part 4 of my Lunch Bag Food Series. This Turkey Club Ranch Wrap is an easy lunch that will take you 5 minutes to throw together. It’s really nothing earth shattering or fancy, but it’s tasty!
My kids aren’t crazy about cold sandwiches and I can’t blame them because neither am I. But wraps, now that’s a different story… They LOVE these wraps! And I love this recipe because it’s one of those make ahead the night before OR wake up and need to make lunches in a hurry. It’s a perfect packed lunch idea for kids.
I don’t know about you, but I often find myself not up for making lunch in the evening. Then I wake up in the morning and seriously regret that decision (while racing around, getting ready for work with very few minutes to spare). Fortunately, it’s such a fast and easy lunch that you CAN make this wrap in the morning.
1) Use pre-cooked bacon, if you aren’t already doing this. I buy it from Costco. It takes 30 seconds to make and you can keep the package in the freezer and take out individual portions as needed. I know it’s not that healthy, but a little bacon never killed anyone. My kids are thrilled to get real bacon once in a while anyway. Plus, the other good stuff in this wrap totally compensates for it!
2) Keep pre-shredded carrots on hand (you can buy them at most grocery stores- Calgary Co op for sure), if you are feeling extra lazy (like I often am) or know you’ll be making this wrap in the morning before school/work when you are already pressed for time.
There is going to be one more BONUS Part 5 to of my “Lunch Bag Food” series for the last week of September- stay tuned!
The 5 Minute TURKEY CLUB RANCH WRAP RECIPE
- 4 roma tomato wraps ( large size)
- 8-12 cooked pieces of bacon (substitute bacon bits in a pinch)
- 300 grams of deli- sliced turkey or real turkey (or substitute chicken)
- 4 -8 tsp light or regular ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat or regular sharp/old cheese
- 8 leaves of green leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
Spread ranch dressing over the center of wrap, dividing between all 4 wraps.
Add remaining ingredients. Again, dividing between 4 wraps.
Fold sides of each wrap in, then roll up. Watch video (in notes): How to roll a wrap
Wrap in saran wrap.
Note: Watch video: How to roll a wrap