It's January and if you're anything like me, you're thinking it's time to get back on track! But at the same time, it's January. And in many parts of the world (mine included) that means it's also cold... real cold! Naturally, all I really want when it's cold outside is to be eating comfort food inside. So if you're feeling the same, that's where these lighter and healthier versions of comfort food come in! You can eat healthy and light and have your comfort food too!
This collection of healthy comfort foods has Main Dishes, Snacks, Sides and Desserts (without artificial sweeteners) to satisfy any comfort craving, including all your favorites! You'll find recipes for lighter and Weight Watchers friendly versions of Shepherd's Pie, Pizza, Butter Chicken, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Eggs Benedict, Chocolate Belgian Waffles, Chocolate Mug Cake, Cheesecake and more, all in one place - right here! So snuggle down and dig in - guilt-free!
Appetizers & Snacks
Sides & Sauces
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
So if you're looking for healthy comfort food recipes, you'll love these ones!